Saturday, November 17, 2012

Embouchure

Above is the proper way to position your mouth on the mouthpiece of your flute, also called your embouchure.
When to blow into your flute make sure you are blowing across the hole and not into it.
The way I learned to make a sound it to pretend that you are spitting a piece of rice or whisper "too".
Your bottom lip should be right against the edge of the embouchure hole.
It will take a while to position your moth and make a sound.
Look at yourself in the mirror to make sure you are doing it right.
Good luck!!


P.S. Don't freak out if you don't get it for a while. I didn't either and now I am an awesome flute player if I do say so myself.







Picture courtesy of http://www.soundjunction.org/uploads/images/A2303_flute_lipsCloseUp_198x161_133.jpg.

No comments:

Post a Comment